Members Forum
It is currently Sun Oct 25, 2020 12:49 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: 2006 - The Bonfire Rally!
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 7:47 pm 
Club Member
Club Member

Callsign: M3SGY
Just got back from the bonfire rally! it was brilliant, i had a great time! thanks to Bev for taking me and bringing me back to Derby, I'm very grateful. The meal last night was lovely too, very enjoyable, and of course the fireworks were great, we had a bit of a competition going on with neighbouring fireworks!! we won! obviously!
anyway I better go and do some work! seen as I didn't get any done at the rally! oops!!
never mind
see you all soon
Emma

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:27 pm 
Web Manager
Web Manager

Callsign: G3LMK
A great turnout for the bonfire rally, 13 outfits I think, Friday we arrived just after 4pm only to find that the rally marshall and the stand in marshall hadn't yet arrived... We chatted a while with the others that were there and then Jack arrived not long after and pointed us to our spots, I had to go upto the pub that night to check that they had a high chair for Katie to use for the meal on the Satuday night ;-) They did indeed have one and a few of us sat chatting in the snug sampling the ale :-)

Early hours of Saturday morning the gas ran out, Jo told me that she had to turned the fridge and fire off as it was trying to re-light, I didn't know anything about it until I woke early in a cold van.:shock:

Saturday we poped out to Ellistown only to get a phone call half way there from Bev "Your caravan alarm keeps going off" I found this funny as it's never gone off before when it's at home.... Got another call later to say no rush in coming back we've found the problem... Martin was setting it off every time he transmitted.:roll:

Got back to site and Martin fired the alarm off again !![-X

We sat out and chatted for the rest of the afternoon, Katie discovered she liked sherbert.:lol:

Night fell and it was action stations, Thanks Bev "Rocket Man" and Royston "Chief Safety Officer" for all the help in deploying the fireworks in complete safety :-)

Fireworks over and it was time to wander up to the pub for the meal, We all left in dribs and drabs locking the site gates as we left..all settled in at the pub and my mobile rings "hello Paul it's Jeff I'm locked in" Whoops!! new member locked in on site, Bev runs down to let him out. :lol:

I think everyone will agree it was a smashing meal, Flagpole then took place and a rally marshall plaque was presented to Bev and a First rally plaque presented to Jeff.

All in all a great weekend. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:51 pm 
Ex-Member

Callsign: G6YRK
Yes and many thanks to Bev and Jack for the Rally , and how nice the weather was "Brilliant"

Steve & Veronica

The match between car and caravan is perfect in accordance with a mix of European standards. However, according to the British Towing Code the percentage (loaded caravan / kerbweight tow car) is 49%.